Thursday 28 July 2016

The Most Loved

It's strange for me to sit down and type this out, because this is the first Morrissey blog I've written after losing my cat. I feel very lost without my little friend sitting under my desk and contentedly purring at my feet. For me, July of this year has been a month of despair. Thankfully, I have had some beautiful support from my Twitter friends, who I've met through our mutual love of Morrissey. I'm not sure where I'd be without them, or without him. There is a light that never goes out.

July has also had its glimmers of hope. On July 5th we had the announcement for the Manchester date. And - on July 26th Morrissey announced a 23-date World Tour that includes Asia, Australia, and the US.

Despair and hope.
Hope and despair.

Tour dates via TTY


I was certainly hoping for some US dates - which seemed like they may have been in the cards as Riot Fest was announced a few months back. I'd attend all the dates if I could - but as of right now I have my sights set on Reno and the 1st 3 Texas dates! With so many Texas dates there has been speculation that Morrissey may do a show in Mexico, and some of my Mexican friends are definitely hoping for that. We shall see.

I was also wondering if Moz might dust off some glorious country covers for these dates, especially as Waylon Jennings was born in Texas - his cover of Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? is one of my favourites:




I'll be on the search for information about pre-sales and on sale dates for tickets... The ticket-buying part always gets my nerves on a rampage! I will be shattered and scattered, whereas some others will stretch out and wait til the last minute. Oh - to be so calm.  Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets.

In the meantime, to soothe my ever-raging nerves I should possibly go on the prowl looking for MORE cardigan photos. I'm beginning to believe they really are magical. On July 5th, directly after I posted a cardigan photo, the Manchester date was announced, and then this tour announcement appeared right after I tweeted 4 more stunning cardigan snapshots I'd come across (which I hadn't seen before).  You cannot imagine the sublimity of my excitement when I discover new cardigan photos... or, perhaps you can, judging by the fact I end up tweeting in all caps:


To be fair I do post a lot of cardigan photos of Moz... but for now I'm just going to believe they're lucky.  And my followers seem to also adore a good-looking man about town in a cardigan.



Speaking of photos, I've just downloaded Prisma and have been editing some photos of Moz with it. Here are two of my favourites so far:




To Me You Are A Work Of Art




Well, enough for now of the many, many distractions that lie temptingly in wait in the technological age.  I should really be working on practicing my German for Berlin; I downloaded a German app as soon as I decided to go.  Languages were my thing in school (numbers were NOT).  I've got a few phrases down so far (I think). That said, I'm sure nobody cares, but my German will likely be atrocious, because I'm very lazy....




For now, I'll leave you with the song I often used to sing to my cat, because he really was - and always will be - "The Most Loved":





No comments:

Post a Comment